In this tutorial, we will learn about what is Google AdSense? What is it used for? How does it work?
We have seen many ads that come when we surf on google, youtube, and online shopping sites, so how do these come? Do the sites get paid for those ads? The answer to all of these questions is Adsense.
So what is Google AdSense? What is it used for? How does it work?
- 1 What is Google AdSense?
- 2 What are the steps involved in AdSense?
- 3 What are the pros and cons of making an income via Google AdSense?
- 4 What are the types of AdSense ads?
- 5 How to make money with AdSense?
- 5.1 Read and adhere to the rules
- 5.2 Don’t choose the wrong methods for increasing clicks on the ads
- 5.3 Create good content for your website
- 5.4 Bring organic traffic through honest marketing techniques
- 5.5 Make the blog or website page responsive
- 5.6 Test the placements and types of the ad to find options leading to most income
- 5.7 Max out the ads placements
- 5.8 Keep the ad above the fold
- 5.9 Have leader board ad below the header or logo
- 5.10 Try including in-content ads for visibility
- 5.11 Analyze the results
- 5.12 Read email from google
What is Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is actually an advertising program that allows publishers to earn money through online content. The publishers allow Google to run ads on their websites, blogs, or youtube videos, and they get paid for every visit to them. The Ads that are displayed on the website or blogs are generated from the businesses that use the Google AdWords program. The ads are feed onto your website, or blog using a special AdSense code.
What are the steps involved in AdSense?
Make space for ads
Make space for ads by pasting the ad code on your site and choose where you want the ads to appear.
The highest paying ads appear on the website
A real-time auction is done between the advertisers to show in the ad spaces. The highest paying ad is shown on your site.
You receive the payment
The process of billing all the advertisers and networks is done by Google AdSense. They make sure that you receive the payment.
What are the pros and cons of making an income via Google AdSense?
Advantages of making an income via Google Adsense:
- Free to join
- Requirements for eligibility are easy which implies even a new website or blog can be monetized.
- A variety of ad options are available so that we can choose the ad that fits good for our website.
- Google pays monthly via direct deposit if the $100 threshold is met.
- A number of ads can be run from one AdSense account.
- Adding ad is really easy to the blogs and youtube account. But for youtube, we need at least 1k subscribers and 4k hours of watch time for running AdSense on the videos.
Disadvantages of making an income via Google AdSense:
- Google has full authority to terminate any account instantly.
- Traffic on your website is very essential for making money.
- Opportunity for making money with higher-paying products or products and services of the sites is lost in most of the cases.
- It doesn’t pay as much as other ad programs.
What are the types of AdSense ads?
There are a variety of ads that we can run on our websites, blogs, or videos.
Text ads use words for advertising. They can be either be an Ad unit or a Link unit. In the Ad unit, there is only one offer but in the link unit, there is a list of offers. The owner of the site can customize the color of the text, box, and link.
These are graphic ads and are available in a variety of sizes. We can even mix both text and image ads.
These are interactive ads that include Html, video, and flash.
AdSense for search
In this, there is a google search box on the website or blog. When the user enters any term on the box and conducts a search, the search result page opens up with AdSense ads. We can customize the color scheme.
How to make money with AdSense?
Read and adhere to the rules
Follow the instructions given by Google. The webmaster must act in accordance with the policies given by Google’s webmaster policy and AdSense program policy.
Don’t choose the wrong methods for increasing clicks on the ads
Don’t buy clicks, or use any program that is designed to drive traffic to your page, or incentivize people for clicks are against the rules.
Create good content for your website
Provide your website or blog with valuable content and good traffic to make money.
Bring organic traffic through honest marketing techniques
Use honest methods to drive organic traffic to your website. SEO and article marketing are effective methods for increasing traffic.
Make the blog or website page responsive
Most of the time, people surf Google on their mobile phones. So we must try to make our websites or blogs page responsive so that people can use them on whichever device they want to.
Test the placements and types of the ad to find options leading to most income
Change the size of ads and switch the size according to convenience. Switch size only if the number of clicks is increasing.
Max out the ads placements
Use all three standard ad placements to maximize income and benefits.
Keep the ad above the fold
Keep the ad above the fold so that people can see it without scrolling the website.
Have leader board ad below the header or logo
We must keep the ad where it is most visible and likely to be noticed. Put the ad near the website’s logo.
Try including in-content ads for visibility
Include the ads between your content, this will increase the chances of clicks on the ads.
Analyze the results
Keep on analyzing the results and make the required changes to improve them.
Read email from google
Take all the emails seriously especially when they are from google. Google might send you warnings if it does not likes anything on your website or blog. Termination of the program might happen if we fail to deal with google’s complaints.